2219 Dog Rocks Road, Rockley, NSW, 2795
Genuine 2000* acres rich in basalt soil, located 239* km from Sydney CBD, 41* km south of Bathurst, 43* km from Oberon near Rockley. Only been offered once before in the last 160 years
Briar Park offers buyers the rare opportunity to purchase a fertile, well maintained working property with excellent water security and the potential to turn off large numbers of cattle or sheep.
• Approx. 809.4 hectares (2000 acres)
• Good access with all sealed roads to Oberon, Bathurst and Sydney (approx. 3 hours)
• Water is a feature! 7.2*km of Campbells River as well as Spring Creek and an excellent bore
• Numerous springs, 25* dams, and a trough system is run from 20,000 gallon header tank which can be fed from either the bore or the River
• Topography runs from soft level Alluvial River flats to undulating slopes running down to the river.
• Virtually all of the property has been pasture improved at some stage with excellent pastures over much of the property. Clean country with minimal weeds.
• Comprises of cleared open grazing country dotted with Yellow Box and native timber providing further shelter.
• Mostly rich basalt soil and alluvial black river flats with an altitude generally around 900m.
• Subdivided into 28*main paddocks with a central laneway system. Most of the boundary and internal fencing all in very good stock proof condition.
• Climate the Central Tablelands enjoys a temperate climate, with cool winters and mild summers, making it ideal for pasture growth.
• 3 houses on the property, main house is a substantial 1860s 4 bedroom homestead with separate dining room and family room.
• Second house is a 3 bedroom weatherboard workers cottage with separate double lock up garage
• Third house is a 3 bedroom workers cottage with single lock up garage
• Sheering quarters also feature on the property.
• Historical, 1875 impressive 3 stand woolshed attached with new steel sheep yards.
• Excellent new steel and timber cattle yards with vet crush & loading ramp. 18 x 3 metres under cover over the race and crush. Another set of steel yards adjoins the central laneway system for the ease of livestock movements.
• 2 x 4 bay machinery sheds.
• 14 metre x 7 metre Lockup workshop shed plus Chemical shed.
• For extra fodder storage 1 x 50 tonne silo, 1 x 40 tonne silo & 2 x 10 tonne silos.
• 26 metre X 18 metre Hayshed.
• Operational lamb feedlot area.
AN OUTSTANDING TABLELANDS PROPERTY this very attractive, fertile grazing property has been well maintained over the years and offers a smooth transition for the right buyer looking at Beef and or lamb production. The healthy basalt soils, combined with the reliable rainfall and cool temperate climate, make for ideal pasture country, which is the type of country the Central Tablelands is renowned for. With strong water security, clean well maintained pastures, sound fencing and good working improvements, this property is already realizing its potential and will continue to do so for future owners. Inspection is strongly recommended.
Briar Park is to be offered for sale by public auction if not sold prior.
Friday the 1st of December 2017 at 10.30am - The Auction Centre Bathurst
Contact agents for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Sam D"Arcy 0401 612 996
Bill Marshall 0427 663 240
Pat Bird 0438 361 109
- Bedrooms: 10
- Bathrooms: 4
- Cars: 3